January 10, 2012

Oh Daphne...

"...But you're like that: You want to go leaping over cliffs--you want to go drinking poison and then write pretty poems about it--and all I want to do is fuck you. You want flowers and sonnets and us to be together until the end of the world and I'd just like a blow job, I'd just like to be friends. That's what I'd really like. Something warm and snuggly like a friendship. And to fuck you. The flowers are going to die and the cliffs are going to erode and we might as well fuck since we're going to anyway. We'll fuck and fight and eat and drink and smoke and fuck and smoke and fuck and get married..." --Daphne Gottlieb, Kissing With The Lights On

I love Daphne! She's an amazing author and poet--raw, passionate, edgy, and unexpected. She writes with such power, using language as a means to communicate on deeper levels than ordinary speech. She covers so many topics from love to lesbian issues and sexuality. Daphne is incredibly smart and I often find myself glued to her words. There's an art to provocation and she's mastered it!

No comments:

Post a Comment